Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Making Ikea Your Own

Before pic of Ikea kid's table and chairs.


I recently purchased the above Ikea kid's table and chairs for $19.99, not a bad price, but I just wasn't quite in love with it, there was something missing, I'm always repainting or recreating something so I thought how can I make this my own and it not look like I got it from Ikea. A friend of mine was recently recovering below a kitchen sink with this oh so pretty Con-Tact paper and the idea popped in my head to recover the white surfaces of the table and chairs with this beauty! I purchased it inexpensively at Target and I was impressed with how much you get on a roll, sorry I can't remember the exact price I paid for it. 


Covering was super easy, it took me a total of like 15 minutes, that's including the time my 14 month old was helping :) Once I put her to bed, I got it done in no time. For the edges I just used a box cutter to make a clean line.




I just love what it adds to my daughter's play area. Covering the table with Con-Tact paper is a quick, easy, and cheap way to make something your own! You have endless possibilities with this stuff, you could use it for all sorts of DIY projects. 



After I covered the table I wanted to some how also make the Ikea cubes that were organizing Norah's toys pretty, so my sister-in-law gave me the idea to put the Con-Tact paper on the bottom of each shelf, love it!!

Norah's Nook

1 comment: